What do you think?

• Yea!

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Nay!

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • eh, so what?

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
i wanna see whats going on for the new 1-series.... i just dont think my e30 will make it to 2005, though[:(]

does anybody know where there is more info. on the 1-series???

thanks[thumb]

mikev

Bournemouth, England (but still at my desk)
epj3 said:
Hm i dont think that is anywhere close. I'd guess half that. Not even the Alpina cost that much. Hell, you can buy a 7 series for that much. I think the cars are going to be priced just a little higher than the current ones.

The m6 from what i have read in AUTOCAR will be made in too versions one standard fit car and a light weight carbon fibre version which is why the high price tag. there all ideas at the moment the production cars will look slightly different but i hope they keep those wheels DAMN!

I guess I can deal with the new 3 and 4 series. But the 5, 6, and 7 look way too heavy, and I HATE these name changes. I just taught my parents how BMW's were named, now I'll be lucky if I can figure the new system out.[:(!]

mrferg said:
I guess I can deal with the new 3 and 4 series. But the 5, 6, and 7 look way too heavy, and I HATE these name changes. I just taught my parents how BMW's were named, now I'll be lucky if I can figure the new system out.[:(!]
The word on the street (Roundel) is that BMW may abandon its plans to rename the models. At this point the decision is apparently still up in the air.

gra8fuldd

6 Series --- What a Great Choice!!

I looked for nearly 6 months for a '87/'88 - M6 and/or a any euro M635csi and I finally

gave up on it. Either the car (most of the time) was not right ... or the car was way outta

line as far as price. Usually 50% to 75% MORE than the market.

As far as I was concerned ... To me ... That's was too much.

BUT ... I still keep one eye on the lookout for that beautiful Shark-Nose.

wait and see

I really dont know what to think about BMW's new styling ideas. I think that the current m3 is possible one of the most amazing cars ever built. Why fix something thats not broken? I'm sure there's areas of the m3 that can be improved upon, but at the moment I cant say I like the new look of the 04/05 //M cars. I think BMW's have taken a turn towards a more Asian-ey styling, which upsets me bc I like bmws currents styling a lot. I agree that maybe after a few years I'll like the new look. The e36's boxiness I think adds a lot of aggressive appeal and when the e46's first came out I thought their roundness and smoother corners took away from an aggressive looking beemer. But now, I couldnt have changed my mind more. I think that both e36 and e46 are incredible stylish. (as well as basically every other bmw in existence) even after seeing a 760 at the dealership I've even shined up to the new look of the 7-series, which initially cuased me to vomit violently. I guess only time will tell how I feel about the M3, M4, M5 and M6, but I dont doubt that BMW wont amaze us all. They've never let me down before, so I hope they don't start now [unsure]

Re: wait and see

the dude said:
I really dont know what to think about BMW's new styling ideas. I think that the current m3 is possible one of the most amazing cars ever built. Why fix something thats not broken? I'm sure there's areas of the m3 that can be improved upon, but at the moment I cant say I like the new look of the 04/05 //M cars. I think BMW's have taken a turn towards a more Asian-ey styling, which upsets me bc I like bmws currents styling a lot. I agree that maybe after a few years I'll like the new look. The e36's boxiness I think adds a lot of aggressive appeal and when the e46's first came out I thought their roundness and smoother corners took away from an aggressive looking beemer. But now, I couldnt have changed my mind more. I think that both e36 and e46 are incredible stylish. (as well as basically every other bmw in existence) even after seeing a 760 at the dealership I've even shined up to the new look of the 7-series, which initially cuased me to vomit violently. I guess only time will tell how I feel about the M3, M4, M5 and M6, but I dont doubt that BMW wont amaze us all. They've never let me down before, so I hope they don't start now [unsure]
Why fix something that's not broken?
Heres possibly the only reason BMW is going for broke on the next M cars- Audi. BMW has been on top of the sports coupe and sedan market for the past ohhhh, 10 years, and they don't want to give up an inch to the S4 or any other sedan that's aimed at stealing the BMW's bragging rights. I think a lot of car manufactures have recently been trying to produce cars on par with the M3's blend of performance, comfort, and styling, so insted of being the "norm", they're going out to push the limits again.

I personally like the new designs. the 7 never really bothered me, the z4 is sweet, i just want to see how that 1 series and the M2 turn out.

flashinthepan

Vlad,

Nice link !!! [thumb]

That M4 looks quite tasty !!!!

Also I think the facelifted 7series shows definate improved lines.

There could be hope !!!! [headbang]

epj3 said:
Hm i dont think that is anywhere close. I'd guess half that. Not even the Alpina cost that much. Hell, you can buy a 7 series for that much. I think the cars are going to be priced just a little higher than the current ones.
645 ci in Germany at a German dealer is 98,000 euro...at the current excange rate that is approx 120,000 green backs.

solo88

OLD thread!

Ha! this thread is old as hell. I wonder if any new info is out a year later? I sure hope they don't make those new designs come this October *2004* I'm saving up my money and hopefully getting the currect design of the 2004 M3 before they're gone! So I better hurry. [burnout] I have a little album I'm working on so hopefully that goes well *It's a one man band thing* [sing] The sooner it's done, hopefully the sooner I can be inside an ///M3 instead of trying to catch up to one on the freeway to look at it! shiiiit I'm sure there's someone here that has done it. Most of us are whoooped! [whip]

Why did BMW have to go and complicate things by making yet more model numbers? I think the concept of the M4 is shitty and it should just be called an M3 'executive' or something.

So depressed the I6 won't be reappearing in the E90 M3.

Sorry, I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but for what it's worth....

"BMW has reversed its notion to rename the supercoupe M4 because there's too much equity in the M3 name. While the plan was to give even numbers to all coupe lines, like 6 Series and 2 Series, BMW might scrap the 4 Series name for the two-door that enters production about a year after the all-new 2006 3 Series sedan, again, because of the respect earned by its current brand name." - Motor Trend (Sept 2004)