Spring wheel cleaning

Although I'm sure the veterans do it, here's some motivation for the newbies to get the brake dust off the wheels. All 4 took about an hour, since I attacked the inner part of the rims, too. The fronts were much worse than the back.

I used a firm nylon brush and a stiffer wire brush to help, especially for the inner part of the rims.

Here's the left rear before pictures

after some work:

and finally:

The left front before-yikes!

better:

and clean:

and after a wash and tire dressing

The right front:

The right rear has been the victim of some parallel parking induced curb rash and will not be shown here. [rolleyes]

Tried the stuff on the tailpipes with some success:

Big Daddy

They look nice, just read that bottle and make sure there is no acid in that stuff. Eventually it can eat your clear coat! Now would be a good time to use some wheel wax on those wheels, helps reduce the amount to dust that sticks.

Good advice. It says safe for all wheels and I've used it for years (old Acura, Lexus). Don't even know if it's still around. However, here's the label (as I breathed a sigh of relief). BTW, what wax do you recommend?

the fine print (althought I guess it's giant enough already-getting used to photobucket sizing still):

Last edited:
Well, I cannot judge Wheel Wax since I haven't used it but I am very happy with Zaino on my rims. I drive around 700 miles a week and zaino keeps cleaning rims pretty easy. It lasts 1 or 2 months at least. But I might buy some Wheel Wax next time I'm in the States.

epj3

I've tried zaino, turtle wax, armor all, etc. P21s wheel gel is the ABSOLUTE BEST I have EVER used in my life. Just used it today and i'm still in awe.

A (lady) bug's life (death)

After all my work I look down at my right fog light Monday: [?|]

a close up with the Nikon S1 macro mode:

Now, back to the wheel cleaner and wax discussion>>>>>>>>>>>>

a great way to protect your rims from brake dust build up and make it easier to clean is a sealant...there are many on the market but one that I like that is dedicated for wheels alone is from this site

Also his brake dust cleaner is non-acid based and will not hurt the clear coat over time

http://www.poorboysworld.com