speedo quit on E30

My speedometer just quit working. This is the second time, happened when I first got the car 2 yrs ago, and I replaced the speedometer with a used one at that time. The odometer also quit, and the vacuum guage now goes to 0 whenever you step on the gas, goes to max when you let off. Any ideas?

They both quit at the same time, but only after almost 2 yrs. of working properly after replacing it the first time...very strange. Sorry to hear it could be electrical (although you may very well be correct), because that is definitely not my strong suit.[?|] Thanks for your help, BTW.[?|]

yeah if they died at the same time its because of the speedo.

I have not yet taken out my console (waiting for the Euro one to come in) but I have been told by people many times over that there are nuts on the back of the motherboard that are used as grounds that can come loose. That *might* be the cause of some of the issues. Its easy to do so its worth a shot.

pogiboy9

Hehe I kind have the same problem, cept i just got the car after its been stocked in some persons garage, and the speedo works and so does the odo, but the thing is when i hit a bump or something it goes out -.- :( not good, so might have to take out the console again, dad telling me its dirty connectivity, so maybe thats your case too ?