Rust OMFG

When I got my car it looked like it had minimal rust. But now as im doing mods THIS THING IS A HUGE RUST BUCKET. I mean at the bottom of the door i can tear chunks of metal off with my hands. Does any0one know where I can get new side paneling or have and idea on how to fix it up? What ever info you can give me would be really helpful, and and if anyone knows how to chop the diving boards down that would help too. Thanks Guys

Sorry but I can't help, my car has the same problem except that the rust is localized to the one spot. I plan to take welding and bodywork courses at my local community college, I bet you could take your car to a local bodyshop and get an estimate.

as for the divingboards, there's a method we like to call "pushing" em... u basically drill out the bumper shocks & press the bumper in... now this eliminates the cushioning effect & reduces the effectivness of the bumpers, but from what i've heard, it isn't something to be really freakin concerned about

basically u just get a drill & drill a hole... but beware... from what i've heard it comes squirtin out pretty damn good, makes a mess and the oil in there stinks

i'll try & find an article/write-up for more info so u really know what's goin on

I think mine has alot more to hide than it shows. If you look closely, you can see where the dealership body filled it up. and only did a "halfway up the car" paint job.

oh well. i paid $2000 CND for it, and its an 84.
What do i expect?

i paid $1975 usd so yeah. But then $800 worth of suspension repair ugh... There some "grippy" black tape that likes to think its kick board or something I hate it, basically it just hides the rust. But no on knows a DIY project?