M3 has a new older sister . . .

I thought I would share a few pics of my new car and the happy couple now residing in my garage. It won't officially be mine for about a week or so, but assuming it passes inspection on Wednesday the rest is just paperwork.

It should be. The current owner has had it since the late 90s and only put on about 13k miles. Current mileage is 132k.

It is a local car that has been well-maintained and used as a show car (2nd place BMWs of the 1980s at this year's Badger Bimmers car show) and a track car.

The interior is pretty good. The front seats have been swapped. There are no dash cracks. All of the electrics work (other than the driver's headrest adjustment and the passenger mirror, in one direction, but both can be adjusted manually).

Here is the ad:

1988 M5. 131k miles. Heated garage, custom cover. Fully documented.
Black w/factory Motorsport pin-striping. Tan full leather interior, heated
power sport seats. 298 hp, Dinan chip, Fahey crank hub, K&N air filter,
Koni adjustable front shocks. Great a/c and heater. Full tool set. Stainless
steel braided brake hoses. Race harness prepared. MetalMaster and street
brake pads. New battery, radiator, clutch master cylinder, water pump,
cooling fan, cooling and fuel hoses. New instrument computer board.
Gorgeous paint, no dings, no repaint ever. Slight cracking of front seats
otherwise pristine. All electronics in good working order.

tool fan said:
Wow, that is HAWT!! Where is the NSX???
The NSX was crashed at Road America last September, bought back from the insurance company after the settlement (the car lost $600 after 2.5 years and 30,000 miles, after removing $$$ in aftermarket parts) and re-sold at a profit to a buyer in Florida as a fixer-upper. I don't think it has been fixed yet, and it may never be. A bent frame rail on an aluminum car is not easy to fix and the parts are extremely expensive. The body shop stopped counting when the estimate hit $30k.

Oh man! You always stated you wanted one and was going to get one some day. You know how much I love them as well. Congrats at finally getting one Ryan. I know you will love it....

Sadly, the sale has not gone through. There were a few items discovered at the PPI and the seller is not willing to budge, so this one is probably not going to be mine after all. [mad]

Nothing that would cause me to pass on the car, but enough for me to believe a price adjustment is appropriate.

It needs a new exhaust $1000
It needs a tune up and valve adjustment $700
It has a few oil leaks $400-1000
The AC is weak $500 for R134 conversion
The SLS is dry and one rear shock is leaking $800 for the shock, $1500-2000 to convert to Bilsteins and 535i springs.

I wanted the seller to reduce his price by only $1000-1500 as a result of the above.

So far he won't reduce his price $1.