Is it just me...

or do convertible owners hate sprinklers? Why must people turn on their sprinklers on full blast so that the street is getting watered instead of their lawn? I hate driving down the street and having to swerve so that I don't get the inside of my car soaked! I guess I just needed to vent. I feel better now.

I know exactly what you're talking about...well, not exactly, I don't have a convertible. But I HATE it during the summer when I just washed my car and some ass has his sprinkler spraying more of the road than his lawn. Freaking idiots... [?|]

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
I agree... it seems that the day that I wash my car is the peek day when people have a thing about their lawns. I think its a thing about BMW (especially convertible) owners....

Remember a Kia comercial where BMW was a afraid to get into the mud puddle? ... I think it is SOO true that people are too careful to not get BMWs durty. I always think of that commercial when I look like an idiot swigling between puddles on the street.

epj3

PuShAkOv said:
I agree... it seems that the day that I wash my car is the peek day when people have a thing about their lawns. I think its a thing about BMW (especially convertible) owners....

Remember a Kia comercial where BMW was a afraid to get into the mud puddle? ... I think it is SOO true that people are too careful to not get BMWs durty. I always think of that commercial when I look like an idiot swigling between puddles on the street.
Though I think not wanting to get a decent car's interior wet is understandable, but that kia commercial is semi correct. I cant see anyone having the nerve to take a Kia off road through mud and stuff. If you look at the tires that come on the X5, you'll see they are not ment for off road, but i'm willing to bet the X5 would do better off road with the right tires than many other suv's. It sits much higher, and has more than enough power to get you out of the mud [:D]

but it is still a luxary suv.

The X5 is short on ground clearance (7.1") , it lacks Low-Range gearing, and the AWD system is designed for dry road than off-road. But I think the X5 still does fine off-road with the right tires.