Hardtop for the ragtop

greeps

Anyone got the aluminum hard top for the convertible?

Was it a worthwhile purchase?

I have a white 330CiC ordered. I didn't order the hard top and now I'm reconsidering. Can it be purchased later or must it be purchased at the same time as the car?

Thanks.

I ordered the hardtop when I ordered the car. Why did I get the hardtop?
1. It gets cold here in PA so it should be slightly warmer in the winter (although the car will stay in the garage after the first snow.)

2. It will, in theory, extend the life of the ragtop since it will be protected for the 4 months or so that the hardtop is on.

3. It's like having 2 cars! One of the neighbors asked if I traded the coupe in on a convertible!

4. I plan on keeping the car 'forever' as a classic, so the hardtop just seemed to round out the package.

With the hardtop on, inside and outside, it looks and fits WELL. The inside is finished as nicely as a regular coupe.

CAUTION: If you buy it with the car, it will be painted at the factory (baked finish, etc.) If you buy it after the fact (according to my dealer), it will come in primered and you will have to pay additional to have it painted.

Attachments

Kirby has great reasons to purchase the hardtop. Although soft tops are extremely well-made now, the hardtop is still great piece of mind for those who experience rough winters. I think the BMW 3-series Convertibles look awful with the top up, but with the aluminum hardtop, it almost looks like a 3-series Coupe. Also, the aluminum hardtop retains heat better and will withstand rough snow storms just like a Coupe.