Exhaust system

325xing

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster.. well i have a question about the UUC Motorwerks TSE2, I'm planning to try and intall that onto my '02 325xi and I was wondering if it is worth it's money ($790). Any input is greatly appreciated. thanks

First, if you expect high HP numbers, you will be disappointed. E46 with M54 engines have already pretty much free-flow exhaust systems. What you will gain, however, is weight savings, sound, looks and a slight power curve shift.

UUC TSE II is a good system. It's a bit loud, but aggressive. Quality is great.

RD Sport makes a great exhaust, not too loud, with aggressive 90mm twin tips. Quality is also insane.

Eisenmann (Sport and Race) and Super Sprint are two other choices from the top brands.

does getting an aftermarket intake and exhuast void your warranty? I know that dinan products wont void the warranty, but im sure even if you dont use dinan, depending on what exactly the mod is, it wont necessarily void the warranty right?

Tom

Staff Team
pydo82 said:
does getting an aftermarket intake and exhuast void your warranty? I know that dinan products wont void the warranty, but im sure even if you dont use dinan, depending on what exactly the mod is, it wont necessarily void the warranty right?
Hi Pydo,

The only way a dealer/manufacturer can void your warranty is when the modifcation can be proven to be the cause of the problem.

Exactly! BTW, Dinan will void the factory warranty. What they do instead is pay for the "damages" caused by their product to compensate for the costs. But here's the trick: you must prove that Dinan's part caused the problem for them to pay for the fix. [:)]

Exhaust will only void the warranty on the OEM exhaust. So if something is wrong with your new exhaust, the dealer will not pay for the fix. Unless you go with something serious like a Supercharger that will void the whole engine, and tranny warranty right away, you should be fine.

If you are nice to your service department, they can even help you to adjust the mods (not even bought from them) for free. But you have to be really nice. [:D] [:D]

325xing said:
By the way, I've heard that if I added an aftermarket intake and exhaust system, that I would need to reconfigure the car's ECU to manage the new air flow?
Not true. Your ECU will adjust itself over the period of about two weeks. You can disconnect the battery to reset it, so it will learn from scratch, but not really necessary.

Did you guys know that sometimes a new air intake or a K&N air filter can actually hurt your gas mileage?? I was doing some reading on a G35 forum and for the G35 Coupe, installing a K&N air filter just hurts the gas mileage and does not increase horsepower. [8]

Yes, PIR indeed! [:D] I love that track.

I couldn't make it to the Historics this time...sure wish I did. [?|]

I am going to run again on August 20th with the BMW ACA club.

I don't exactly know all the details, but from what I have read on the forums is that the G35's ECU is designed particularly for its factory air filter and it just screws up the ECU with a different air filter.