Driving new G35 vs BMW

330 vs. G35

This discussion's been interesting but IMO biased toward BMW, but hey, it's a BMW board. My wife drives a 330xi and I drive an Infinity G35x. I could have bought another BMW but actually prefer the Infinity. The power curve, low to high, is not quite as smooth as the BMW in flat out acceleration but the tracking, road feel (steering feedback), ride comfort, and cabin features favor the Infinity. I'm sure many on this board will disagree with me, especially about steering. Maybe the light, even slightly disconnected, handling of our BMW may be differences in model years (our 330xi is a 2001 and G35x is a 2006). Any comments?

William330

Since this thread is 4 years old, you'll now have to compare the G35
to the current BMW -- powered by a twin turbo 300HP engine. [thumb]

http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/13548/tested-2007-bmw-335i-coupe-automatic.html?al=164

(Note: article has 5 pages, click page numbers to read the full article.)

I'm still not thrilled by the styling, and prefer the prior E46 model from all
exterior angles, but the performance of the new 335 is simply awesome.

William330

According to the MotorWeek review (above) the 335 automatic is
only a 1/10 of a second slower than the 335 manual.

BMW rules engines and transmissions.

Some things don't change....

Awesome thread to read through 4 years later. Some things haven't changed - I can't stand the new 5 and 7 series. The new look 3 series is better, but still not as nice as the competition. I'm still in love with my current 2000. She just passed 80000 miles and is looking awesome with new set of wheels and rims. I still think BMW has dropped the ball with looks/style. There's no denying they still make incredible cars and engines, but Audi and Infiniti both have cars that I'd probably get before another BMW 3 series. I'm a very content owner of when BMW reached its peak....enjoying driving everday and saving up for my 4s Carrera...

plyubich

Wow...4 years...thats something..

Well lucky me, I just bought a 05 g35 to go along with my 04 330i....

Lets compare:

First I think I under estimated the infiniti g35... Its a great car overall... nice sound, smooth, luxury inside, maybe even more luxury than the 330. Its competitively fast and does handle great. But its an automatic.

But the handling cannot compare to the 330i. The steering response time on the BMW is unbelievable, and that one reason why I enjoy driving the 330 more than the G35. And of course the 330 is 6 speed.

But I love both cars, and enjoy driving them both. The G will be a replacement for a while. Anybody wanna by the 330i? Please give me an offer.

Its on 04 with 83000, all freeway. All services done. Car is taken care of like a baby.

But anyways, in conclusion I am still a BMW guy! And still debating weather to get the 03 M5 or for the same money an 05 M3, any comments on that?