Cool Photos of Assorted Planes

epj3

It's absolutely stunning to watch those Warthog's fly... if you have ever watched one do aerial manuvers, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean!

Great pix!!
Remnds me of when I lived in Chicago on the 27th floor watching the Air and Water Show. The Blue Angels or Thunderbirds flew over the intersection half a block away pretty low--the sound arrives slightly after you see the planes. Amazing.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Great pics...

epj3 said:
It's absolutely stunning to watch those Warthog's fly... if you have ever watched one do aerial manuvers, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean!
The only warthog in there is the A-10. (The one with the two big turbo-fan engines...)

mclarensmps said:
Those are fantastic pics, the A-10 and F-15 are my 2 favourite planes of all time!! Thanks so much
I agree, the F-16's look nice but they're a little cheap, somewhat ineffective, and too wide spread internationally. It's more of an American export than a true American fighter plane. Now don't take this the wrong way, it sure gets the job done, and Lockheed does have some pretty neat new stuff coming out.

It's also interesting how the F-16 is newer and looks so much more modern than the F-15, yet it's not the better plane.

epj3 said:
You my friend never lie. I have been on several field manuevers when Iwas a soldier and watching those things fly...simply amazing and the 30mm cannon on the front sounds incredible.

True story here. I was eating in a DEFAC (dining facility) and I had the opportunity to speak with one of the pilots of an A-10. He told me that there is a safety catch on the main gun trigger that only limits it to 4 second bursts. Any thing longer than 6 seconds slows the plane down so much...it would stall the engines. He said that there are several rates of fire for the main gun and the order of rounds is 3 depleted uranium to one high explosive. No wonder we own the world. hahahah joke