car wont start!!

Big Daddy

Are you complaining about people offering advice? I actually searched for a photo of one on the net for you with negative results. Short of going out and taking a photo of the starter in my roadster I would suggest looking under the hood of a 6 cyl bimmer at the local dealers, but since we are "beating around the bush" I have made my last post on this thread!

witepsycho said:
everyone is beating around teh bush...i have asked a few times...does anyone have a pic of the starter under the hood??? or know where i can find it on the net???
Sheesh....If someone had the picture they would have posted it!

No one is beating around the bush except YOU. We *clearly* told you to get the Bentley Manual, you would have what you need!! If you are going to work on a bimmer it is invaluable. It has troubleshooting tips, pictures, exact instructions on how to do the job etc.

But since I apparently am not helpful, I'll pass by this thread in the future too.

Tom

Staff Team
There is really no easy way of displaying a picture of where the starter is located at. To give you an idea its located on the driver side of the engine bay. And to get a clear view you will need to remove the intake manifold.

I really would suggest saving yourself a lot of headache and having a professional do something like this. If you get a dealer to do it for you, the will warranty the part and labor for at least a few years.

well....it wasnt the starter...i took it to a shop (not a bmw shop) and they tested it and its not that...now im thinkin either the key...or the immobilizer...i nkow the key is 170$..anyone have any idea how mucht the immobilizer would be?? maybe a ballpark figure??

[thumb] I was reading on another forum about a bimmer starting problem that was caused by the clutch sensor not registering the clutch being depressed. If you have a manual transmission this may be the cause of your problem. If not, I'll go back to sleep now. Any who, that's my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
[driving2]

JSY

so what was the problem?? I am having a same problem with my car showing exactly same symptoms. let me know if anyone knows what the problem was.