Any Advice for a New 2002 330Ci Owner ?

I am a proud owner of my first BMW:
2002 330Ci w/ Sport & Premium Package
8,000 miles for $31,000
Electric Red w/ Black Leather

So far, I love it. I cant imagine any other car with such good road-feel. Good thing I didnt go with the Infinity G35.

I want to make only a few upgrades, including an M3 rear spolier/lip.

Any suggestions on where I can get a good painted spoiler ?

I also was considering a K&N filter. Would this be worth the $40 ?

Any other modifications that wouldnt void my warranty but add a little horsepower ? The 225 horse is a bit on the low end.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
Chicago

[wave] [wave]

J

JamieD22

Congrats & welcome aboard...

Do a search on the board for performance upgrades, you'll find a lot of useful info. A K&N filter is always a good choice, they're a proven, safe addition. Though you may just keep the $ if you plan to upgrade your engine; step 1 usually involves some form of cold air induction.

Cabra said:
I am a proud owner of my first BMW:
2002 330Ci w/ Sport & Premium Package
8,000 miles for $31,000
Electric Red w/ Black Leather

So far, I love it. I cant imagine any other car with such good road-feel. Good thing I didnt go with the Infinity G35.

I want to make only a few upgrades, including an M3 rear spolier/lip.

Any suggestions on where I can get a good painted spoiler ?

I also was considering a K&N filter. Would this be worth the $40 ?

Any other modifications that wouldnt void my warranty but add a little horsepower ? The 225 horse is a bit on the low end.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
Chicago

[wave] [wave]
For the spoiler you can try Bimmian. I know there are other places but I used them for my clear turn lights and color matched front and rear refelectors. And received my order 3 days after I placed it.

http://www.bimmian.com

MrElussive -

LOL [rofl]

Don't worry man, you'll be happy with your purchase. A lot of people don't talk about it, but used (2001-2002) BMW's, with low mileage, are better deals than new G35's.....but, that's for another thread........

-Stink

wookie

Cabra said:

[wave]
Phat ride, dude.

I was thinking about doing a bit of Dinan mods (which is kind of popular because Dinan takes over the remainder of the warranty on affected parts) on mine but decided against it, after seeing how it is done at e46fanatics (kind of messy even if performed by experts).

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=10

Another reason I decided against it is that for the amount they charge, I can add just $1,000 or $2,000 in about two years and get the last of the E46 M3s.