Remaining Squeak from Rears

Dathaeus

E36 (1997 328i sedan 5-speed sports package)

Regarding: Rear passenger side wheel

I had the bearings replaced in that wheel several months ago. Then went for an alignment. Car still didnt feel right, and there was a definite squeak and abrasive noise while moving. The guy told me when my bearings were bad, the wobble of the wheel (and it was wobbly back then) caused the rotors to bend and now it was warped and brushing, making the metallic brushing noise.

So I got new rotors and pads, had them replaced finally, and now the noise is significantly less, but there is still an audible metallic squeak from some rubbing still. I called my mechanic about that and he said he forgot to tell me, but there was a problem with my parking brake, and it needs to be replaced, along with a spring "something" (I forgot what, can you help what that might be?)

So before I just go ahead and order these parts again for him to install, can anyone vouch this is a reasonable diagnosis, and is autohauz or somewhere like that still a good place to order these parking brakes and the spring "part" ? Thanks!

the adjuster thing inside the parking brake drum gets corroded easily and can be very hard to adjust after years and years. i've never replaced mine because a good cleaning got it loose, but i can understand replacing it. if you turn a wrench yourself at all, get the wheels off and take a look at the spring and gear assembly that adjusts the parking brake behind the rotor and parking brake drum, it might just take some banging around to adjust it.

have the parking brake off, and the car in neutral. you want the rotor to spin freely when the brake is off, and at the first click or two of the brake you want to hear that abrasive sound off the brake successfully engaging. which is essentially as tight as you can adjust the brake without having residual friction while the brake handle is fully released.

ideally you want the