New interior upgrades!

I haven't installed it yet, actually. That's pretty much as far as I've gotten. The old one and I are having a disagreement about whether or not it should come out, and it was around 90 yesterday and the mosquitos were eating me alive, so I'm letting it sit... Maybe it'll come to its senses by tonight.

Doesn't look like it should take more than a couple hours, though, once it starts cooperating.

I got it installed shortly after I made that post, I've just been too busy with work and other stuff to report back... Sorry.

It took 2 hours and 15 minutes total from start to finish. There's a lot of grease under my car. I got dirtier doing this job than I've ever been before. The kind of dirty where you take a shower and spend 20 minutes washing your hands so they're clean enough to wash the rest of your body, and you have to scrub your entire body with a bar of Lava. I still have grease under my fingernails from this job. I love it.

As far as the shifter goes, I love the new one. It feels nice and solid, and shifting is so much better now. Especially since everything is in reach, I don't have to stretch to get to 5th, and I can use my cigarette lighter to charge my phone while driving now.

Here are a couple of before and after pictures. Both are in 1st gear. I also put in some suede to match the headliner for the shift boot. I'm not sure I like the suede, so I may just order a black leather one.
before:

after:

How's that stang doing Mike? Do you find the locals taking to the American Muscle? So just when is the ProCharger going in? I am happy the car is working out for you.....

epj3

Dude my e34 was missing that rubber thing on the shifter, and the shift boot used to get too hot to touch!!! The Z3 1.9l shifter I put in my e34 was the best thing I ever did to that car... I considered it undriveable with the stock shifter after I put that thing in.