Need help with some scratches on my baby!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board but would just like to say its awseome to see we have a place to post about these awseome Bimmer cars!

Anyway I have a 2001 330 CI, Premium Package. THe thing is I have a lot of scratches in it, and on the driver's side rear there is this big scrape, where you can see some rust coming out. I'm not sure what my best option is to remove this is, especially that big scrape. People say the cheapest thing to do is get a Buff kit of some sort, but I have never buffed out anything before in my life, so is it going to be hard to do? If its not, what is the best product?

If its better to take it somewhere, does a BMW dealer offer a fair price? If so how much you think an estimate would be?

Thanks!

VANCE

JUST MY $.02...BUT IF YOU CAN SEE RUST...YOUR GONNA NEED A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN A BUFFER!I WOULD TAKE IT TO A BODY SHOP YOU TRUST ASAP!

I'll guess your car is Silver.

I worked at a body shop for 4 years and that was one of my main duties. (Removing all Surface Blemishes)

If it can be fixed I have at least attempted it. Especially Slver. Very easy color to work with.

If you have ever had body work done and it was good you should go back to the same shop and see what they can do. If you have done business in the past with them let them know it and the odds are if it isn't to complicated they may do it for free.

Most all the work I did was a freebie because the boss wants to keep and make all or customers happy.

Don't be afraid to ask for it free. (let them know you like their work. grab a business card and let them know you will tell you freinds that they do great work. Most shops work by word of mouth)

Hope that works

All light scratches will work out with some care but if you have never done it before. DONT TRY IT YOURSELF.

I have seen it a thousand times. (thats mostly what I fixed, others f*#k ups.)

Good Luck

If you have any questions you can send me an email. Check my profile.