My Ride with Huper Optik Tint!

Tom

Staff Team
That is absolutely gorgeous on Red. Nice job Brian.

How did they do with the dot matrix in the back?

Tom said:
That is absolutely gorgeous on Red. Nice job Brian.

How did they do with the dot matrix in the back?
Thanks Tom! To be honest with you, I really have no idea how they did the back. I told them about it but they said they have done it before and not to worry. Plus, I just bought a car cover so after I was her I can cover her and keep her clean (darn pollen).

Militant-Grunt said:
I reccomended huper optik to a friend of mine, how much did it cost to do?
Sorry for the delay...

Total cost for the 5 windows was $399.99, plus $50 for my sunroof, which I think is a great idea, for a total of $450 for me. I love it and I think it makes my car look much better.

Looks very smooth, just a question, I was recently told by a tuning shop here that the US has actually made it illegal to tint the front windows at all, and as of some time in March, all stateside cars had one year to have it removed. Any truth to this???? I wanted to get the Mustangs windows tinted and this is what i was told.

Tom

Staff Team
Beekbmwm3 said:
Sorry for the delay...

Total cost for the 5 windows was $399.99, plus $50 for my sunroof, which I think is a great idea, for a total of $450 for me. I love it and I think it makes my car look much better.
That's a good price, I had mine done for $350.00 but that's because they gave me a discount for doing 3 cars. [:D]

Have you notice a significant reduction in interior heat?

tool fan said:
Looks very smooth, just a question, I was recently told by a tuning shop here that the US has actually made it illegal to tint the front windows at all, and as of some time in March, all stateside cars had one year to have it removed. Any truth to this???? I wanted to get the Mustangs windows tinted and this is what i was told.
Never heard of that. Highly doubt it's true, mainly cuz it's not something the feds would get into and they also usually grandfather in exemptions in situations like that. Unfortunately, a lot of tuning shops are run by idiots. It's like finding a good mechanic, theyre out there, it's just hard to find them cuz you gotta weed through all the many, many bad ones.

I'm trying to find a Huper dealer up here so I can tint my front windshield. Not having much luck tho cuz it's such a rare request, most stores don't carry the light shade in that big a roll.

That looks really awesome. I have been looking for a good tint on my 330i and it seems I cant find a place in my area. There is only one place that does it right but they cost a a fortune jsut to put jsut some tint in the back windows.

tool fan said:
you're right. I got a fix-it ticket for that very thing. I had to either pay an $88 fine, or remove the front driver and passenger windows' tint. This law is for all of california and, I believe, most states.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Imola Red is the best! It makes me wonder though....my car came with the back windows already tinted FROM FACTORY.....does anyone know what type or technique Bimmer uses for that? Or am I mistaken and it is aftermarket? There are absolutely NO way that it is a tinting film....it is as if the window is already that color from the OUTSIDE.....