Euro split side mirrors

chipster

Wondering if anyone has a part number and source for Euro split form wide angle side view mirror (for driver side). If anyone knows what I am looking for here - these mirrors are really cool. The last 1/4 of the mirror is wide angle to eliminate blind spots. Have got one on my VW GTI, need one for my bimmer.

I'm not familiar with this mirror, but if it is a BMW factory part, try the dealer.

I just ordered a European front license plate mount assembly. The parts guy had to switch to a European parts diagram, but he got the number and it was in stock. Maybe the mirror will be available also.

My license plate frame came in unpainted, so the mirrors are probably the same.

chipster

Mirror

Thanks for the info on the license plate holder... the mirror that I am looking for is the glass part itself, not the whole assembly (eg, housing, etc.) Yeah, it is most likely a European part number. If the dealer can find european part numbers, that should be a good start.

These mirrors kick @$$. Gott'a get me one!

For what it's worth... somebody told me about the driving school recommendation posted above almost a year ago. It takes some getting used to but it really works. I've been driving that way exclusively with my bimmer and there are literally no blind spots. Think of it as cars being "handed off" from your rear view mirror, to your side mirror, to your peripheral vision without any gaps. Try it.