E90 Pics I took tonight at 3 Across America

I got an invitation from BMW to the 3 Across America party in Philadelphia. They held the unveiling tonight inside the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts in a gallery room. Very classy.

I got up close and personal with two 330i models. I like the E90, they look really good in person. I think BMW has a hit here,everyone really was impressed.

A few impressions:
- The seats were quite comfortable, the side bolsters seem to be tighter and firmer.
- Inside it is quite roomy, and the inside of the trunk seems absolutely huge.
- The new instrument cluster is nicely designed
- The engine bay is REALLY packed tight.

Attachments

Nice pix! I saw it at the NYC auto show last week. Wasn't really loving it. Looked "cheap". Can't fall in love with the new interior; a step back in my opinion. Dash is too flat and wide. Doesn't seem driver focused as in the E46. Oh well, I have to wait until the convertible comes out anyway. 2007??

The E90 is better than the majority of new BMW models that we have been given in the last few years, I will admit that right away. BUT, I cannot get excited about a new model that most people describe as "not too bad" or "not as bad as I thought it would be". Besides from a few, select members on this board [:)] ...it seems like there is little excitement for the E90. Every magazine I have read, and every review, confirms what the interior pictures look like- cold, plasticky and cheap.

We had an 1989 E30 cabrio (we loved that car). It was Alpine White with blue leather and a blue top. When the E36 debuted, I could not believe BMW could improve on the E30. Then when the E46 came out, I was even more impressed. I honestly feel that the model excitement progression has ended. I don't want a cold, cheap, bigger plasticky 3 Series. I don't give a rat's ass about some more hp or electronic "improvements"...the 3 Series was always a class leader, and I think Audi, or GASP.....Lexus or Acura might de-throne the 3 Series. My 2 cents.

Not as bad as I thought w/o the front license plate. I thought it would like the new audi front grill, which is aweful, imo.

I think the E90 isnt that shocking, its an evolutionary design of the existing E49, although the interior has become too similar to the 5 series. The point of the differences between the 3, 5 and 7 was apparently to get away from the sausage theory... same piece of meat, different lengths; I think they have succeeded in separating the 3, 5 and 7 from each other, bit in the case of E90, it just seems too "little brother" to the 5.

The 3 has always been at the pinnacle of prestige and sports in its segment, and now from what people have been saying and countless articles, it seems to be slipping into more of an avantgarde lush cruiser, such as the 5, which I dont think is appropriate for the car that it is.

Sorry, that's just my two bob!