1995 318is Driver side window problem

mario_m25

Hello,

I have a problem with my driver side window on 1995 318is and I can't figure out what is causing it. When the window was working properly it would drop down about 0.5 cm when I would open the door and than it would go back up to its original position once the door was closed. Now the window does not drop down when the door is opened, I thought it might be a striker plate (the plate with the small switch - picture attached) but I have replaced it and the problem is still there. I was thinking maybe this could be a problem with window motor but I am not sure since the window can be opened/closed without a problem.

Thank you for any advice

Mario

when your door is closed would the window be fully closed or would it be 0.5cm down (if its all the way up it would get stuck at the door pillar, if its down the inside light would be on, with the door closed push the door in towards the car this happened on mine and the window would then go all the way up, the problem with mine was the rubber surrounding where the latch catches (the middle part of your attached image